You’re in good company
Carrying Hope is a 501c3 nonprofit founded by foster parents and advocates that provides thousands of Hope Packs filled with comfort items and essentials to children who are entering the foster care system. Our adorable Hope Packs are filled with everything a child who is entering foster care needs during his or her first 48 hours in a new home, from diapers, wipes, bottles, pacifiers, onesies and formula for babies to new pajamas, clothing, books, socks, flashlights and more for teens and tweens.
Our nonprofit couldn’t exist without the support of companies like yours! Whether it’s a 10-person packing drive in our office or a 600-employee corporate drive, Carrying Hope is grateful for the support of the amazing businesses we work with. There are lots of ways to get involved. Here are some suggestions.
Holiday Office Giving
During the holidays we’re asking businesses to consider taking part in our Holiday Office Giving Campaign.
Corporate Team Building
No matter the size of your company, hosting a Hope Pack drive for Carrying Hope is an incredible way to build camaraderie among your employees while helping some of the children who need it most. Carrying Hope can help you organize an incredible event for any number of employees that’s tailored to your exact needs.
Short on time but want to give back? We can help your company set a monetary fundraising goal that’s both attainable for your employees and impactful for Carrying Hope. When you reach that goal, Carrying Hope will celebrate your accomplishment by hosting a pizza party for your employees that includes a visit from our life-size mascot, Hope the Hedgehog. (Central Texas offices, only.)
Most-Needed Item Drive
Carrying Hope has a list of most-needed items that we are always seeking for our Hope Packs. We encourage companies looking for a way to give back over several weeks or months to pick one of our most needed items, set up bins in the office and ask employees to bring those items in. A large donation of an item such as books, pajamas or stuffed animals can go a long way in helping Carrying Hope to fulfill the needs of foster children in our community. You can also order Carrying Hope’s most-needed items and have them shipped directly to us using our Amazon list. Make sure to use this link to support us through our AmazonSmile partnership!
Most Needed Items
- Diapers, any size 0-5 (small pack)
- Wipes (small pack)
- Formula (box of single-serve packets or small can)
- Small bottle set (includes one or two bottles)
- Pull-ups, boys or girls size 3T-4T (small pack)
- Soft blankets (boy, girl or gender neutral)
- Receiving blankets (small pack)
- Onesies and jammies, boy or girl ages 0-18 months
- Jammies, boy or girl, any age 2- to 16-year-old
- Outfits, boy or girl, any age 2- to 16-year-old
- Boys and girls underwear packs, any age between 3-year-old and 16-year-old
- Socks, any age between 3-year-old and 16-year-old
- Soft stuffed animals (8″ – 12″)
- Small toddler girl toys (Sesame Street, Daniel Tiger, Sofia the First, Disney princess, etc.)
- Small toddler boy toys (Sesame Street, Daniel Tiger, Thomas, trucks, Disney Planes/Cars, etc.)
- Small boys toys (Legos, small Disney Car/Planes, trucks, Play-Doh, superheroes, etc.)
- Small girls toys (baby doll/accessories, Play-Doh, Disney princess, Shopkins, Littlest Pet Shop, LEGO Friends, etc.)
- Tween/teen girl toys and activities (necklace/bracelet making kit, craft kit, games, etc.)
- Tween/teen boy toys and activities (LEGOs, Minecraft figures, Star Wars, etc.)
- Books for any age 1-16 (board books, nighttime books, early readers, tween/teen options, etc.)
- Travel-size toiletries for teen boys or girls (body wash, shampoo, deodorant, lotion, body spray, etc.)
- Amazon, Target and Walmart gift cards
Have another idea of how Carrying Hope could work with your company? We’d love to hear it! Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gender-Inclusive Hope Packs
Carrying Hope strives to ensure that our Hope Packs contain a range of items that reflect the diversity and interests of the children we serve, including those who are part of the LGBTQ community. Want to make a gender-inclusive Hope Pack? Purchase items from our Inclusive Wishlist or swap gender-specific items for gender-neutral items in any age Hope Pack.